This post has information about the Piedmont Fayette Obstetrical Emergency Department (OBED). This is helpful for expecting patients to know where to go, when to present to labor and delivery as well as other helpful information.
Piedmont Fayette Obstetrical Emergency Department (OBED) information:
- All patients that are presenting for a triage visit or OBED visit will take the Center Tower elevators to the third floor.
- The entrance to the OBED will be directly off the elevator.
- The third floor will be locked down with badge access doors that will make access from the West Tower to the Center Tower not readily available.
- Please have patients park on the East side of the hospital (the side closest to Ga. Hwy 54).
- The Nurse’s Station Phone Number is 770.719.7390
When to present to Labor and Delivery:
- Patients that are scheduled inductions or Caesarean sections should continue to present to Labor and Delivery (L&D) on the 3rd floor of the West Tower on the day of their procedure.
- Patients that are Direct Admits, per their provider, should present to L&D on the 3rd floor of the West Tower.
Other important information:
- Patients that are less than 20 weeks gestation will continue to be seen in the Main Emergency Department.
- Patients that are greater than 20 weeks gestation but present to the hospital for non-obstetrical related complaints will continue to be seen in the Main Emergency Department.
- Patients wishing to pre-register can come to the Registration Desk located on the third floor of the Center Tower, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or register online at piedmont.org.